The final research report Digital Work Hubs: An Activation Framework for South East Queensland proposes a nine-point activation plan:
- Develop an SEQ Digital Work Hub Activation Model.
- Engage key stakeholders to support development of digital work hubs in regional centres.
- Create an SEQ activation team to support and build resources for digital work hubs.
- Establish a digital work hub community, partnerships and further research.
- Establish public and/or private sector tenants in regional digital work hubs and provide employees with the option to telework up to three days per week.
- Recognise the value of private sector employees based in digital work hubs as an alternative to decentralisation.
- Recognise private sector ownership and management of digital work hubs and promote involvement of local entrepreneurs, service providers and home-based workers.
- Conduct further research to determine the impact on health and wellbeing of digital work hubs and their contribution to broader prosperity gains across SEQ.
- Prioritise provision of local public, active and road transport infrastructure alongside increased dwellings and services in regional centres to capture long-term productivity gains.
About 100 people representing the public and private sector, investors, operators and general community attended the launch of the report in Brisbane on 6 December 2013. Guest speakers included:
- Professor Max Standage, SEQ RDA Coordination Committee Chair
- Digital Work Hubs Project Coordinator Bronwyn Buksh – Digital Work Hub Project research summary
- Barbara Lepani, Department of Communications Australian Government – The Telework kit
- Paul Russell, Department of Science, Information Technology, Innovation and the Arts – Queensland Digital Economy Strategy and telework trial
- Libby Sander, Work Club Gold Coast co-founder – Future of coworking space
- Mark Forbes, Moreton Bay Regional Council – Coworking pilot in Moreton Bay
- Nick Shrewing and Jonah Merchant, Biz Dojo NZ co-founders– Powering growth via coworking, connecting places activities and people. Opportunities for SEQ
- Brad Krauskopf, CEO Hub Australia and Third Spaces – Coworking network across Australia